Video: TSI Press ConferenceBy: Ben | January 25th, 2012
With thanks to GetReading, below is half an hour of the press conference held yesterday for the media with Sir John Madejski and Chis Samuelson from Thames Sport Investment. A truly interesting watch:
See below for the key points:
- McDermott met Anton Zingarevich in Milan last week during the Inter-AC derby, and the two were up until 1am talking football. Transfer targets were discussed, and Brian and Nick Hammond have been given the transfer budget they asked for.
- TSI have confirmed their intent to make the clubs academy a Category One status, which under the new EPPP rules is the highest category that can be attained, and is normally the status of Premiership clubs. To read more on the category status, check out this wonderfully written piece on Reading fansite The Tilehurst End (@TheTilehurstEnd).
- Anton Zingarevich insisted that Sir John Madejski remained as Chairman.
- The stadium name will remain the same for the immediate future, but a change has not been ruled out.
- Zingarevich has been a keen follower of the club, and will arrive sometime next week after watching the match against Hull online.
- The wage structure will not be broken.
- Stage 1 of the investment includes 51% for £25 million, not the £40 million as reported by the Daily Mail.
All in all? Pretty fucking exciting.